Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

August 22, 2005

Round Three

After a night of packing followed by a 6 a.m. flight, my third year at college is about to begin. Surprisingly, the whole transition, though stressful as usual, went by quite smoothly. My Northwest Airline flights were roughly on time, despite the strikes, and both of my suitcases arrived at my final destination (two for two? Wow!). A bus ride and a ten-minute suitcase haul later, I found the boxes full of my life that I put into storage earlier this summer awaiting me, stacked on my bed, nonchalantly in my new room.

Oh yes, and the new room. It's small: 10ft x 10ft, but oh-so-cozy. I am the second person to live in this room so it's full of glitzy newness. Aside from quite a few bangs and smudges on the walls, the room is in great shape. New carpet. Two big windows. New dresser, desk, and bookshelf. Air conditioning, and a human-sized mirror along my closet. Comparing this with last year's digs would be like comparing solar to dirty coal, so I won't even go there. The cherry to top it off? That horrid dorm no longer exists. Yes, demolish that dorm and all those terrible memories! This school is finally building better ones.

And unlike last year when, knowing no one around, I really felt like I was starting over again, this time two of the girls I blocked with in this dorm were already there and greeted me with friendly smiles and all. Dinner on the first night with a friend, and I even dared to venture off campus to meet up with another friend.

All in a day's move with only 2 hours of sleep?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amir said...

Hey!! Thanks! It was so nice to wake up in this room for the first day and not feel all nasty about it. It's great to hear from you again! When do you head off to Russia?

August 23, 2005 9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like this could turn out to be the start of something nice. Let's hope for a smooth year all around.

August 24, 2005 12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger