Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

September 06, 2005

It's Official.

That time in the semester has arrived. I'm officially behind schedule on my school work. It's all thanks to anthropology this time around. I'm taking this ridiculous course, partly because it fits in my schedule (that was a big issue this semester), partly because it offers a juicy 4 credits, but mostly because it sounded really interesting.

Anyway, the woman assigned 11 books for the whole semester. Considering that the semester is like 15 weeks long, and shaving off a few weeks for finals (no new readings), Thanksgiving, Fall Break, and the fact that she's canceling the last week of class, that comes out to a whopping one serious book per week!

For Tuesday we had to read all of Max Weber's The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism. I can't say it's the most captivating read I've done recently, and man, after having read some of those Harry Potter books it's really got some serious competition. Well, as if a book about heavy topic that was written in arcane 100+ year-old English wasn't enough, she seasoned the reading with about an extra 100 pages from one (of our three) coursepackets.

I tried, friends. I tried really hard! I spent all of Saturday reading that one book, and dabbled in it on Sunday, and I even managed to finish it today. But after wrestling that book for three days, I'm just not up to tackle another 100 pages for tomorrow! So yes, I resign myself to the harsh reality that I'm officially behind schedule. Hmph.

On the bright side though, this is quite an improvement over last semester. I held out an amazing 10 days before falling behind. Last semester it only took a whole three days. Well, tomorrow's a doozy--class and work straight through 4:30 p.m... and I now need to find some time in my nutty schedule to start playing catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger