Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

March 06, 2006

Blocks

Not that I'm much of a writer these days, but I've been experiencing writer's block lately and running into other sorts of annoying, but not too significant, blocks.

I'm getting four credits this semester to write my thesis/senior project/whateveryouwanttocallit/whatIneedtofinishtograduate. Hm. It's mostly four credits of unsupervised work, which is rather heavenly. I secretly promised myself that I'd take the first few weeks of the semester off before I actually start writing. I believe that I owed myself an easy time, some unwinding when I could afford it.

Now it's March though, and the project needs to be completely done within two months. That's not too bad, but if I keep putting this off any longer I'll really start digging myself into a bad hole. I've just been sitting on that thought for the past week, and it hasn't done me any good. Here's to hoping that the words start flowing soon. I have a check-up meeting with my advisor next week to talk to him about what I've done so far... uhm. Aside from the dilemma of what to tell him, let's hope this gives me the kick start I need.

In completely unsurprising news, the University has managed to screw me over one more time. I knew they would throw me a good one at least once again before I graduated. All the graduating seniors received nice packets in the mail with all the graduation information they needed including two very important tickets for guests to attend the graduation ceremony! Of course, of course, of course they omitted me from the mailing.

I e-mailed, and having waited a week with no response and nothing in the mail, my blood was boiling a little bit on my way home from work today at the thought of what hell I need to give them. I called today, but apparently it was too late. Left a message, doubt that'll do much good. *Shrug*

Another block not helping my whole situation is that I've picked up some extra hours at work. Somehow I've deluded myself into thinking that I need to make a significant amount of money while I still have jobs because who knows what might happen during my year off. How goofy to bust my ass over a couple dozen hundreds of dollars when I'll have to start paying off tens of thousands of dollars in student loans.

So that's the situation. Still working too much, still not sleeping enough, still finding reasons to get pissed off at "The University" (whoever is the real source of my troubles, I'd really like to know)... Wishing I could write more, and if not for any other thing than to just post here more often.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed at the image of you needing a kickstart to get your paper done, and cringed at the realization that time is ticking. If you really want your temporary freedom, you're going to have to get it done. LOL

March 09, 2006 7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger