Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

September 24, 2005

Back on Track, Sort of

Thanks for all your nice comments on my last angry post. It helped calm my rage. I've relegated myself to my old glasses for now. It's not the most comfortable thing, and I can't see the best, but I'm getting by all right. It's a bit freaky though; if these glasses get screwed up I'm really going to be helpless. I think I might try to get new ones when I go to NYC next weekend.

This week was sort of another stressful daze. Nothing too special about it. I have tons of work and it's all piled up and backlogged again. I made a really big effort to finish this one book I had to finish for last Tuesday, and after lots of hours reading yesterday and today I managed to pull it off. Now my brain feels kind of puffy and overloaded though.

Unfortunately, my weekend is being cut short. I have an ALL-DAY field trip tomorrow. We have to leave campus at 8:30 a.m. and we might not be back until as late as 7 p.m. How's that for rough? Not only are they snagging us for the whole day and taking us away from our pre-paid dining hall meals, they're also making us buy our own meals on the way. Since I'm supposed to be saving up a couple hundred $$$s for my glasses I'm in no position to splurge on roadside food, so I used some money from my mealplan tonight to buy snacks for the way: peanuts, three Clifbars, a banana, some cookies, one snickers , and a small pack of nacho cheese Combos. I think I'll pack some homework for the ride. Who knows. I'm almost a bit excited. I just hope it's more driving that studying. Come on! It is a Sunday after all.

Well, enjoy your weekend while it lasts. Mine's just about over...

P.S. I think I'm going to take the advice of the person who left my last comment (thank you!) and change the settings of my comments to something a little more spam-proof. I hope you don't find it annoying. Let me know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, where there's a will, there's a way. I hate you have to wear the old glasses, but hopefully that won't last long. Enjoy the ride and use it for some catching up.

Oh, and my sentiments on the loss of your friend.

September 26, 2005 10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger