Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

November 21, 2005

Going Home

I haven't done anything significant these last few weeks. I've expended all of my energy on my two jobs, packaging physics labs and failing again and again to teach a class of rambunctious 7th graders, and on school work. I've been walking around campus lately always sleep deprived and fluctuating between two main emotions: complete anger at some of my professors, and feeling totally overwhelmed at the prospect of finals. I know, it's no way to live.

I'm going home tomorrow. It's just what I need. I just hope I have no trouble flying out. It's supposed to snow all day. I've surrendered most of my excited about going home on break, though. I have so much homework. More than I've ever had for a break. I have these 4 mammoth final papers due within two weeks after my return, and so I'm facing the inevitable conclusion that a titanic amount of research needs to be done in the next week or two to give me some time for processing and writing in time to meet the deadlines. So along with a few other assignments, I know that I should spend my break attending to lots of school work.

Then again, I'm not so hopeful. The most likely scenario is that I'll do little to none over break, and then my last two or three weeks here will be complete hell. Complete hell: no sleep, tons of work, class, finals, long papers, 7th graders and their parents... Ach. Ach. Ach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger