Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

November 26, 2005

Wrap on Thanksgiving

It was great to be home for Thanksgiving. I didn't do a whole lot, which was perfect. I slept better in the last three nights than I have in the last three months at school, which was amazing. Very refreshing. Of course, then I felt tired all day because I actually got a good night's sleep for a change. What's up with that? Well, at least it was the good kind of tired.

More than anything, I told myself I needed to make a point to do some homework while I was home. Teachers were especially evil this semester, it seems, so I have all these assignments and final papers to start fretting about. I have heaps of homework till the end of the semester now, but more about that in another post.

So I read a "few" articles for one of my final research papers. It's too bad it's just a few, though, because I did over 50 pages of academic-paper reading, which is decent for a break. Nevertheless, so much is never enough. I could have done a ton more, so I'm going back to school with that anxious feeling of "Ack!"

On the bright side, let's see... Already mentioned several good nights of sleep. I saw three friends from high school, went with one to go see the latest Harry Potter. It was nice, but I think I'm starting to see things differently as I get older. Finally, that seemingly perfectly enticing plot is starting to get a little tongue & cheek for me. The depictions of good versus evil, all the magic, hints of pubescent sex-appeal, awkwardly obligatory portrayals of minorities, and all that stuff in the movie just feel like things I've seen before oh so many times.

Dang, did I spoil my bright-side paragraph with complaints? I can't seem to help it these days. Excuse me.

Onto more kvetching. I got really lucky on my way here. My first flight was delayed because of snow. In fact, we were the last flight to leave the airport, the one after ours, cancelled. I would have missed my connection and likely been stuck in Philadelphia overnight, but luckily I can always count on Philly to ridiculously delay flights, so I ran to my gate and got right onto my connection and off we were.

Tomorrow my flight back to school takes off at 7am. Wow, early. I wonder how much I'll sleep tonight. Three hours? Four? Five would make me a lucky guy. I just hope I'm not delayed on my way back. I have a friend who might be able to pick me up from the airport if I come at the right time. Otherwise, it's an overpriced taxi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you took advantage of the time to relax. Good for you. Remember each step in this process brings you closer and closer to your last step on that campus. Ge'her done. LOL

November 30, 2005 11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger