Crash Landing... Still Running
Stage two
Featured
Blog On
Music
Reading in Progress

Just Read
The Discomfort Zone, Jonathan Franzen
For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, Nathan Englander
Bad Dirt, Annie Proulx
Brown, Richard Rodriguez

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons 2.5 License.
Random Tidbit
I have found my way dreadfully, regrettably, and unfortunately back into academic hell. (11/05/07)
Recent Pieces

July 08, 2006

Waking Up?

If bears hibernate all winter, I guess I'm just the opposite. I'm sorry for not writing for such a long time. I didn't mean it this way. Just after graduation (and yes, shockingly, graduation went by without a glitch) my family whisked me off with them to Vancouver and Alaska, and when I finally got home from the trip I collapsed into a deep slumber.

I'm sure you all know that after three insanely hectic and sleep-deprived years in college, my body only wants to be in one place and do one thing (bed, sleep). So that's how it's been so far. Ten-eleven hours a night, and then spending my waking hours in a semi-conscious state of blur. The little energy I have had was spent planting our garden in the back yard. For my birthday my parents cleared a nice big plot and put a fence around it, so there has been much to plant, and much to grow.

My life is very uneventful these days, so I don't know how often I'll be blogging, but I don't plan on disappearing from here. After three years of mayhem, I've finally crash landed back into my old room. But this time, instead of running, I'm enjoying the view. I'm in a great place for once, and I'm happy to take things slow. Who knows, maybe even my sunflowers will grow this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing okay. Congrats on the graduation. Take your time--it's well deserved. Here's hoping for sunflowers this year. ;-)

July 17, 2006 1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger